Lone Star builds pergolas Houston clients can afford, appreciate and enjoy. Are you ready to add a pergola to your Houston home? Have questions? Of course you do, and Lone Star has answers & information. Below are facts about our quality pergolas. If you still have questions please call us anytime at 281-773-1255 or click the button below.
- Aluminum Pergolas built by Lone Star Patio Builders are covered by a lifetime warranty against material and installation defects.
- Lone Star uses strong aluminum columns and beams to construct pergolas.
- Our pergolas are built to last and constructed of sturdy aluminum materials which look like natural painted cedar.
- You don’t need to worry about repainting our aluminum pergola materials. The super-tough Kynar 500 finish will last and last. If it gets dirty, just spray it off with water.
- You save money with Lone Star & we do offer pergola kits. Our pergola materials can be fabricated and installed quickly, which reduces the cost without reducing quality.
- Most pergola projects are completed in just one or two days. Our installers are experienced and don’t cut corners.
- Pergolas by Lone Star are wind-rated to 110 MPH.
- Our pergolas won’t rust, burn, crack, peel, or warp. They are also impervious to termites and rot, unlike wood.
- Our aluminum pergolas & covered patios in Houston are able to span longer distances between posts than wood structures.
- We are proud of the fact that our materials are environmentally friendly. Our structures are 100 percent aluminum and are 100 percent recyclable to conform to the Green Building Initiative.
FAQs About Lone Star Pergolas
Pergolas tend to generate more questions than other projects we build. Perhaps because there are so many styles, and the word “pergola” means different things to different people. Some people envision red cedar covered in flowering vines in the garden, others a clean and modern metal partial-shade structure by the pool. Below are some of the questions we hear most often and our answers to them.
Can I choose different materials for columns, beams, and rafters when building a pergola?
- Yes. You can combine metal, HardiePlank, wood, brick, and other materials with a few restrictions.
- When searching for pergola plans and designs, you may notice all or most of them are built from all metal or wood materials. Some may even be vinyl, fiberglass, or urethane.
- If customers ask us what we recommend for a new pergola, we generally suggest one of these construction methods.
- Most affordable and super-low maintenance. Fast to build and sturdy structure. Clean and modern appearance.
- Naturally weather and rot resistant. Classic look. Natural and rustic appearance that is ideal for garden or landscape settings.
Combinations of materials that we can build a pergola include, but are not limited to:
The above are just a few possible combinations, but feel free to suggest your own to create a one-of-a-kind style that you like. We will help you to determine which options meet your budget and which materials are most feasible. We generally do not suggest or install vinyl or urethane parts, such as those found in DIY (Do It Yourself) kits.
Can I design my own pergola and hire Lone Star to build it?
- Sure. We welcome designs from home owners who have their own ideas for a pergola. If we are to build it, however, the design, materials, and basic structure will need to meet building codes and our standards for quality construction.
- Typically, when we meet with home owners who have drawn up plans for a unique pergola or patio cover project they want us to build, we work with them to make it a reality. Adjustments are made to meet the intended design and functionality while improving the integrity and selecting materials that make sense. Our goal in these cases is to lend technical expertise that brings your conceptual drawing to life.
- We can work with plans drawn on cocktail napkins or on AutoCAD. If you happen to be an architect who is looking for the right contractor to build something to your exact specifications, then yes, we can do that too. Call us to discuss your options.
- Choose wood construction for your outdoor patio and the sky is the limit as far as the design goes. By wood construction, we are referring to the columns, beams, and rafters that usually comprise the basic pergola structure. You can still incorporate unique materials such as brick, concrete, stucco, flagstone, etc. Metal pergolas have some design limits as they are somewhat modular; i.e. The design, materials, and fabricated parts are made to go together in a specific way. This requires less time to build and usually saves you money.
- So take a picture of any design idea that inspires you, draw it on a scrap of paper, or just commit it to memory and give us a call. Together we’ll find a way to make your patio shade idea a reality.
Can pergolas withstand harsh weather conditions?
- Someone came to us looking for an answer to this question, so we thought we would share the answer with everyone.
- The answer is your Lone Star pergola will be able to withstand very high winds, even hurricane force winds. We know this from experience. After Hurricane Ike, none of our pergolas (or patio covers) were reported to be damaged.
- But are our pergolas hurricane-proof? Damage from a hurricane is often the result of flying debris and falling trees which can damage any structure. Be hurricane-smart; keep your trees trimmed, clear loose items from your property, and your pergola will be the least of your worries.
Is Ultra-Lattice really a lattice, or is it a pergola?
- Ultra-Lattice is a shade arbor product trademarked by the company Metals USA. It is a system of columns, beams, and rafters that are used to build what most people refer to as pergolas. Some people and businesses refer to these as lattice, hence the name Ultra-Lattice.
- The “ultra” in Ultra-Lattice comes from the superior properties of the materials and construction methods used to assemble them. High quality aluminum with a realistic wood grain texture is most common. However, the aluminum, sometimes called alumawood, is not painted like wood. The finish is a baked-on paint called Kynar which is extremely durable and easy to maintain for the home owner. This is the same finish used on our insulated roof panels.
Lone Star Patio Builders is your full service outdoor living contractor providing installation services in Houston, Austin, & San Antonio.
Our service lines include:
Also, check out our customer reviews to see what others are saying about Lone Star Patio Builders.