Screen rooms are our specialty. An enclosed screen room is appreciated most during any hot evening when bugs & mosquitoes are out. This type of patio project is referred to by different names such as:
- Screened in Patios
- Porch Screens
- Screen Enclosures
Even though the names are different, they all refer to the same type of project.
Why build a screen room on your patio?
- It will provide a bug-free outdoor living space.
- You will actually be able to sit outdoors.
- An enclosed patio cover or porch enclosure will eliminate mosquitoes.
- Insulated roof panel options will keep your outdoor space cooler.
- Screening in your patio will provide a safety factor with small children and swimming pools.
- A screened in porch will add value to any home.
- Complete insect protection.
- Can be built on a deck or concrete slab.
- Pet resistant screening options are available.
- We offer solar screen options for additional sun blockage on any screen wall that we build.
- Pet doors.
Why screen in a patio?
Our screen rooms & enclosures are built using a screen material that is absolutely the best available and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Enjoy spending more time in their own backyard without the bugs.
- Keep small children away from a swimming pool.
- Our screen material is really tough.
- Solar screening reduces heat.
- We can include outdoor ceiling fans.
- Custom lighting options are available on request.
- You will never own another home without one.
Answers to Common Screen Enclosure Questions
We use only the finest materials and techniques to build the most durable screened patio enclosures and screened porches in Houston. In addition to screen room projects, Lone Star Patio Covers & Enclosures also installs pergolas & aluminum covers.
The ideal material to use for framing a screen wall is aluminum. The actual screen material is made of fiberglass but it has a two-part PVC coating on it which makes it really strong.
The most common screen door installation will include a standard 36″ wide door with a 14″ tall kickplate. A standard door will come with locks and automatic closers. Additional options include double doors and single width or double width sliding screen doors. Custom door sizes are also available including heights of up to 8′.
No. We can enclose an outdoor area with any wall height. Most screened palls are 8′-10′ but we can build as high as you wish.
Most screened walls do not have a kickplate but it is an option. Some customers prefer the look while others do not. There is no right or wrong answer.
Most screen applications only require a 2″ wide x 2″ tall framing channel. These are very low profile and blend seamlessly with any screened porch installation. Once a wall height exceeds 16′ then a larger channel size is used.
No, the screens are not removable. Our enclosures are fixed panel walls. We do offer retractable options but retractable screens are not very common due to their high costs.
Yes, solar screens & privacy screens are available. The amount of sun block that can be installed is 70%, 80%, 90% or 95%. Be cautious when selecting solar options though. If your screened in patio looks into a living room or kitchen please be aware that a large percentage of natural lighting will be blocked when solar screens are installed.
Normal panel spacing when building a screen room enclosure is 4′-6′. The panels can be spaced further apart but usually do not exceed 8′. A large screen panel allows for too much screen flexibility.
We are Better Business Bureau members & look forward to working with you. Lone Star service areas for screened-in patios include: Houston, Spring, Magnolia, Conroe, Tomball, Pinehurst, Montgomery, Willis, The Woodlands, Cypress, Kingwood, Humble, Porter, Atascocita, Crosby & Huffman.
Contact us at 281-773-1255 or click the button above for your free patio enclosure quote.