Screen rooms are our specialty. An enclosed screen room in Houston is appreciated most during any hot evening when bugs and mosquitoes are out, especially around thick woods or bodies of water like the the Conroe and Magnolia areas. This type of patio project is referred to by different names such as:
- Screened in Patios
- Porch Screens
- Screen Enclosures
Even though the names are different, they all refer to the same type of project.
Why build a screen room on your patio?
- It will provide a bug-free outdoor living space.
- You will actually be able to sit outside.
- An enclosed patio cover or porch enclosure will eliminate mosquitoes.
- Insulated roof panels will keep your space cooler.
- Screening in your patio will provide a safety factor with small children and swimming pools.
- A screened in porch will add value to any home.
- Complete insect protection.
- Can be built on a deck or concrete slab.
- Pet resistant screening is are available.
- We offer solar screens for additional sun blockage on any screen job that we build.
- Pet doors.
Why screen in a patio?
Our screen rooms and enclosures are built using a screen material that is absolutely the best available and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Enjoy spending more time in their own backyard without the bugs.
- Keep small children away from a swimming pool.
- Our screen material is really tough.
- Solar screening reduces heat.
- We can include ceiling fans.
- Custom lighting is available on request.
- You will never own another home without one.
Answers to Common Screen Enclosure Questions
We use only the finest materials and techniques to build the most durable screened patio enclosures and screened porches in Houston. In addition to screen room projects, Lone Star Patio Covers & Enclosures also installs pergolas & aluminum covers.
The ideal material to use for framing a screen wall is aluminum. The actual screen material is made of fiberglass but it has a two-part PVC coating on it which makes it really strong.
The most common screen door installation will include a standard 36″ width with a 14″ tall kickplate. It does have locks and automatic closers. Additional options include double doors and single width or double width sliding screens. Custom sizes are also available including heights of up to 8′.
No. We can enclose an outdoor area with any wall height. Most screened palls are 8′-10′ but we can build as high as you wish.
Most screened walls do not have a kickplate but it can be added. Some customers prefer the look while others do not. There is no right or wrong answer.
Most screen applications only require a 2″ wide x 2″ tall framing channel. These are very low profile and blend seamlessly with any screened porch installation. Once a height exceeds 16′ then a larger channel size is used.
No, the screens are not removable. Our enclosures are fixed in place. We do not offer retractable screens which are not very common due to their high costs.
Yes, solar screens or privacy screens are available. The amount of sun block that can be installed is 70%, 80%, 90% or 95%. Be cautious when selecting solar screen though. If your screened in patio looks into a living room or kitchen please be aware that a large percentage of natural lighting will be blocked when solar screens are installed.
Normal spacing when building a screen room enclosure is 4′-6′. They can be spaced further apart but usually do not exceed 8′. A large screen panel allows for too much screen flexibility.
We are Better Business Bureau members and look forward to working with you. Lone Star service areas for screened-in patios include: Houston, Spring, Magnolia, Conroe, Tomball, Pinehurst, Montgomery, Willis, The Woodlands, Cypress, Kingwood, Humble, Porter, Atascocita, Crosby and Huffman.
Contact us at 281-773-1255 or click the button above for your free patio enclosure quote.